Critical elements of an environment include assets, facilities, systems, networks or processes and the essential workers that operate and facilitate them. Recent events underscore how the loss or compromise of these can be detrimental to the availability, integrity or delivery of essential services. This includes services whose integrity, if compromised, could result in substantial loss of life or casualties – taking into account significant economic or social impacts in the event of an incident.
Of course, even in normal day to day working conditions, operational requirements can be enhanced with effective and efficient communication and collaboration. Consider how in normal circumstances the operational performance of the equipment, services, personnel, and partner relationships we have, and use are rarely taxed to their operational limits. Yet when incidents escalate beyond normal capabilities these need to scale—sometimes with massive spikes.
Communication is no different. In fact, most often communication and collaboration are the Achilles heel of an incident as it escalates to a crisis. In addition, under those same conditions outside forces from the public to passengers, to internal personnel sectors, to outside partners and mutual aid authorities pull at the fabric of requirements, capacity, and resources due to lack of preparedness and insufficient or loss of communications.
Not unlike any process, understanding these requirements is essential to successful outcomes. Obviously, the process will be different based on the situation, i.e. internal vs external. Therefore, when you increase the numbers of individuals you are communicating with—and the types of communication, the quest becomes much more complicated. A couple of examples:
- Operationally coordinating hundreds to thousands of staff and stakeholders in multiple locations;
- Efficiently updating mass group communications with highly targeted messaging and interactivity; and
- Strategically managing environments where you have a crisis, operational coms are down, you are interfacing with a multi number of stakeholders, authorities, the public, and finding social media information is rampant, ahead of you and not accurate.
Success Coaching & Digital Transformation & Collaboration Coaching:
Gratis Services Provided
- Gratis group Adoption of Essential Communication
- Gratis group learning on collaboration tactics
Subscription & Concierge Services Offered
- Quantified Environment Value & Impact
- Cultivate Mindset & Functional Ops Model
- Expand Scale & Reach
- Increase Depth & Proactivity